It starts with a weird sensation in the pit of your stomach and it often leads to us feeling frustrated, guilty, and even depressed. Buyer’s remorse is real, no doubt about it.
Now, we’ve all made impulsive purchases we’ve later regretted. But experiencing remorse after buying a pair of pants differs greatly from regretting buying a home listed on the East Cobb real estate market.
In the latter case, it comes with serious and often costly consequences.The East Cobb area is an amazing place to live and the home of your dream is most likely out there waiting for you.
Follow these tips to make sure you found it before signing any legal documents.
Do Your Best to Control Your Emotions
It’s only natural to feel a rush of mixed feelings when having to make life-changing decisions like purchasing a new home.
On the one hand, you feel excited. But you might also feel pressured, especially if you find out there’s a low inventory of available homes in the area you’re targeting.
All these emotions can often turn out to be a false friend, cloud your judgment and influence your decision-making process.
What can you do? Get a second opinion from someone who is unbiased, but who has your best interest in mind. This is where working with a East Cobb Realtor comes in handy.
Learn as Much about the Neighborhood as Possible
The location is the number one aspect you can’t change about a property.
Do your homework; it’s as simple as that. This means studying a home’s surroundings before committing to buying.
- Research online. It’s amazing how much information you can get online these days. From crime rates to special events organized inside the community and quality of life, you can get to know a prospective neighborhood from your living room couch.
- Drive around the neighborhood at night. Street lighting and community activity, these aspects might not seem crucial now, but they are important in the long run.
- Ask your Realtor for additional information. Try to learn more about the quality of schools in a neighborhood, demographics, real estate trends and the future value of properties in the area.
Take Your Plans for the Future into Account
More cars? More children? A vegetable garden?
Try to imagine yourself living in the house ten or twenty years from now. Does the property support your long-term goals and dreams?
Many home adjustments can be made after buying. Still, some aspects can’t be changed or require a bigger investment.
- Proximity to parks and schools.
- Floor plan. For instance, if you want to keep an eye on your kids, look for a home with an open floor plan.
- Landscaping design.
Get in Touch with a Skilled East Cobb Real Estate Agent
If you’re interested in buying a home as soon as possible, you should consider working with a professional.
They can also help you out during the home inspection process. This is to make sure you are not overlooking something which can possibly cause you buyer’s remorse later on.
There are many more benefits you can enjoy by working together with an East Cobb real estate agent. But instead of reading about them, why not experience them yourself?
You can start by getting in touch with Gail Harris – East Cobb’s #1 Most Trusted Realtor’.
Now You Know
A poorly thought out home-buying decision can have unwanted consequences. However, it can easily be avoided with careful planning and meticulous research.
You’ve made it all the way to the end of this article. This means you’re already one step closer to finding a property where you’ll feel at home not only now, but also in the future.